Previously owned by Glanusk and Llangoed Estates, the earliest reference found to a Mill on this site is by Frederick Murchison, Geologist in 1831.
Originally powered by an overshot wheel, this was replaced circa 1930 by a 16 horsepower Green & Carter turbine which is still in situ.
Little remains of the original dam and mill race, although all the internal milling machinery remains and can be seen by appointment.
The mill is today owned by Nicky and Alistair Legge, providing a vegetarian guesthouse for visitors to the area.
Ours is a privately owned mill but we are pleased to receive visitors by prior appointment.
The Mill lies in the upper Wye Valley near the A470, about 10 miles south of Builth Wells | Llanrheadr-ym-Muallt, between Erwood (1 mile) and Llyswen. It is in a SSSI, and on the Wye Valley Walk and Cycle Route 8. There are further recreational possibilities - on land, water, and in the air - in the area.
The postal address of the mill is:
Trericket Mill, Erwood, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3TQ, UK
Phone: 01982 560312 International: (+44) 1982 560312
The Ordnance Survey Grid Reference for Trericket Mill is SO 112 414
Accommodation ranging from vegetarian full B&B to camping is available at the Mill - enquire or visit the website (below).
Further information on the Mill's own website: http://www.trericket.co.uk/