Welsh Mills Society Cymdeithas Melinau Cymru
 Introduction    News    Mills open    About Mills    About us    Cymraeg 

Melin Tregwynt, Sir Benfro
Tregwynt Mill, Pembs.

History

Melin Tregwynt is a modern working woollen mill, housed in a traditional water-powered mill building on a site dating back to the 17th century. The waterwheel still turns, but the mill's machinery is no longer powered by water through the belts and pulleys.

The present owner, Mr E.M. Griffiths, is the third generation to run this family business founded in 1912 which now employs over 20 local people, producing traditional woollen cloths to modern designs. One third of the production is exported overseas.

Tregwynt fabrics Top

Visiting

We are open to visitors as a working mill and tourist attraction on weekdays, 9am - 4pm. Admission is free. The mill shop and cafe are open 7 days per week. Enquire about availability and cost for guided tours (1.45pm on weekdays).

Limited access for disabled visitors
Facilities available: Mill Shop, Refreshments, Toilets, Car parking.

Melin Tregwynt is in an isolated wooded valley less than a mile from the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path and beaches at Abermawr and Aberbach. It is easily reached (signposted) from the A487 between Fishguard and Mathry. You will find more detail and a map on the mill website (see below)

The postal address of the mill is:
Melin Tregwynt, Castlemorris, Haverfordwest, Pembs. SA62 5UX, UK
Phone(office): 01348 891 225 International: (+44) 1348 891 225
Email: info@melintregwynt.co.uk

The Ordnance Survey Grid Reference for Melyn Tregwynt is SM 894 349
(Landranger Sheet 157 )

Top

Link

For further information about the Mill, Mill Shop, and products, see the Mill's own website: http://www.melintregwynt.co.uk/


WMS Logo

 Mills open 
return to list

 Melin Tregwynt 
on this page -
History
Visiting
Link
top of page

Back to the top of this page

tregwynt.m0.html 2006/10/30 _____